Pour Over (V60)
Regulars at Bora HQ in Solihull know we’re passionate and serious about making pour over coffee and our team of talented baristas love getting creative (and competitive!) when trying to make the perfect brew. Here’s a guide to how you can make amazing pour over coffee at home:
Pour Over Method (V60)
- Fold the filter paper along the seam and into a cone. Place the cone into your V60 and then place on top of your mug or glass jug.
- Rinse the filter by pouring hot water through it and into the cup below. Empty the cup before continuing.
- Measure out 15-17g of delicious Bora coffee beans and grind.
- Freshly grind your coffee. We recommend a medium to fine grind for V60. All grinders vary so please check your settings.
- Add your coffee to the V60 and flatten it out in the cone. The place your V60, coffee and mug onto a scale and equalise.
- Start your timer. Add 80g of off the boil water, covering all of the coffee, which allows the coffee to bloom.
- After 30 seconds, pour the water in concentric circles over the coffee. Avoid pouring the water directly onto the filter paper. Add approx. 100g of water.
- Let the coffee sit for 20 seconds. Then add the remainder of the water (up to a maximum of 300g). Allow the drip to finish – this process should be done within 3 minutes.
- Take the V60 from the top of the cup once the drip has finished. Enjoy your brew!